The Norwegian Resource System for persons with deafblindness
|Brochure about The Norwegian Resource System for Persons with Deafblindness|
All of these are affiliated with The South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority through formal agreements. The resource system collaborates with municipal and county-based service providers and is a part of a comprehensive and interdisciplinary service provision.
The target group for The Norwegian Resource System for Persons with Deafblindness is persons with rare, congenital and early acquired conditions entailing deafblindness, as well as their family members and professionals across sectors. When the combination of severe vision and hearing disablility/ deafblindness occurs due to age-related factors, the resource system assists the municipal service by offering information and training courses.Brochure about The Norwegian Resource System for Persons with Deafblindness
The Norwegian Resource System for Persons with Deafblindness aims to:
- Contribute to equal access to services for persons with deafblindness
- Meet the needs for services that are not currently met by regular service providers
- Contribute to the users’ being able to cope and function well in daily life
- Provide assistance to the ordinary service providers in order to improve services for persons with deafblindness and their family members.
Measures implemented may include:
- Functional and medical assessments
- Advice and counseling
- Training courses and information
- Research and development work
- Networking among persons with deafblindness